Beverly’s Top Five Tips for Fall
- Fall is an important time to add a layer of compost to your gardens and feed with an organic time released fertilizer such as Arbor Gate Blend
- Start a compost pile with your fallen leaves.
- Use herbs and vegetables in your beds and containers with fall color plantings. Parsley, cilantro, salad burnett, lettuces, chard and fennel add color, texture, fragrance and they are edible.
- Incorporate spring bloomers such as larkspur, delphinium, fox glove, sweetpeas and poppies.
- Plant perennials and heirloom bulbs for low maintenance and years of seasonal color.
How to get to The Arbor Gate?
Visit their website for hours and directions or call 281-351-8851. Be sure to tell them you heard about Arbor Gate on Southern Post.
Full Disclosure: This post is solely my opinion. It is not an advertisement nor was I compensated for writing it. The goal of reviews like these is to help local gardeners discover places that educate and inspire us to work with nature to create sustainable gardens.